Solar Installer/Solar Foreman
Join the renewable energy revolution—one of the most promising and critical careers of the 21st century!
Live and work in beautiful Grey-Bruce Counties, a desirable area of the province surrounded by Lake Huron, with close proximity to Sauble and Wasaga Beaches, Collingwood ski hills, as well as numerous biking and hiking trails — no traffic issues, just clean air, room to roam, awe-inspiring views and lower rental prices than in the city.
Blackline Power is one of the longest established and highly reputable solar companies in Ontario committed to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. We offer outdoor work with a flexible schedule (4-day work weeks are a possibility), different job sites, and a more than competitive hourly wage.
We prefer experienced individuals and/or a team of 2 or 3 who have worked together successfully. Ideally, one of these individuals would be a master electrician, but this is not a necessity. If you only have construction experience, such as carpentry or roofing and a willingness to learn, your application will be considered.
$25-40/hr. This will depend on position, experience and aptitude. Pay can also be negotiated on a per project sub-contract basis.
Flexible according to the weather as well as your needs and our installation schedule. This can include part-time, full-time, fixed-term contract, sub-contact, weekends.
We are looking for solar installers with the primary responsibility of installing solar racking and modules. The majority of the work will be in Grey and Bruce Counties within a 1.5 hour radius of Owen Sound. We value informed employees who have an environmental conscience and a passion for solar energy.
Duties, Responsiblities and Expectations
• Strong work ethic and pride in workmanship
• Eagerness to assist with a variety of responsibilities to enable the team to succeed beyond regular expectations
• Must be physically fit and be able to confidently handle heavy solar panels and awkward objects
• Work can involve repetitive tasks such as drilling and assembling as well as standing/bending/lifting over 50lbs for long durations
• A desire to learn and continuously improve
• Collaborate effectively and positively with others in a team environment
• Communicate effectively, patiently and politely with customers and office staff
• Experience with and comfortable using hand tools
• Confidence with addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions and unit conversions
• Loading/unloading of materials at job sites
• Install safety equipment prior to the start of work
• Plan, layout, prepare and count materials for job
• Install roof attachments, rails, wires, electronic components and modules on various rooftops and ground-based structures
• Keep vehicles and job sites safe, clean and organized at all times
• Report job status on a daily basis
• Troubleshoot a variety of technologies
• G Class or greater drivers licence with clean record
• Operate vehicles in a safe and respectable manner
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures
• If you’re not living locally, projects can involve being away from home for several days at a time
This job requires working at heights on rooftops, in attics, crawl spaces, etc. in a variety of challenging weather conditions. It requires careful planning and attention to detail to meet Electrical Safety Authority inspections as well as the discerning eye of the customer. The work is mentally and physically demanding and can involve long days to complete projects on time. If you have experience with a variety of tools, different practical skills, operating forklifts, aerial lifts, as well as trucks and trailers with heavy loads, these would be valuable assets.
Required: CPR, First Aid, Working at Heights (can be acquired upon hiring)
Assets: NABCEP or solar specific training, computers and electronics skills, aerial lift and fork lift training, knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Day in the Life of a Solar Installer
Note:the electrical portion would be done by a qualified electrician